Thursday, September 3, 2009

One more sleep...

'Til Grandma and Grandpa's house!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!

We're getting all geared up to head to my parents' house tomorrow night after work (boo for having to drive at night...). Can't wait! We have a fun and exciting weekend ahead of us! Although I'm excited to go home (have lots of fun stuff planned!) I'm also kind of sad. A lot of my family members are going 4-wheeling this weekend. Jeremy and I would LOVE to go but it just isn't going to work for us this weekend. Maybe next year... Mom already told me that if we wanted to go, she'd keep the girls. :)

Yesterday was a busy day of boring errands. Run here, run there but we got a lot done. Wish I would have got more done around the house though! I'm going to be up LATE tonight finishing laundry and packing now. :(

Since we were gone most of the day yesterday, I left Wally outside. He really loves to be outside in this weather. We have an invisible fencing unit so he stays pretty well put. Well, there has been a stray dog around the last few days and to my knowledge he hasn't really done any harm except to bother the neighbors dog (who is in heat.... Oy....). Well, yesterday must have prooved to much for the dog because he apparently attacked Wally.

I was on my way back home when Jeremy called and said that Wally was bleeding (again....) and he wouldn't let Jeremy look at him. I immediately thought the worst and thought someone had shot my dog again! So I race home. Wally came running out from under the steps (a good sign!) to meet me at my car door and was all prance-y like he usually is when I get home (a great sign!). I give him a once over and find that the tip of his ear had been bleeding but wasn't anymore. I checked over the rest of him really good and that was the only spot. WHEW!!! Found out about an hour or so later from our neighbor girl that the stray was over and he and Wally got into it. We did find some blood in front of the small door to the garage which must have been where the dogs got into it or where Wally went to after the altercation.

I was busy putting clothes away and Jeremy was outside on the phone with a friend of his when all of a sudden there was yelling going on next door. Apparently that same stray dog had just attacked our other neighbors' dog, Kodi. Poor Kodi... he's 14 years old and can't see or hear a THING and that dog just came up from behind and attacked him. Kodi didn't even know that the other dog was coming or even in the vacinity. I saw Kodi limp away and he had some cuts on his facial area.

Those neighbors called the county sheriffs dept and a friend of theirs who is a deputy was on call and said he'd take the call so he came over. Since the stray is after the other neighbors' dog (Maggie) who is in heat, he was still around. Overall, he is a very friendly dog... just doesn't play nice with others and is protective of Maggie. So, we got the stray in a collar and a leash on him - like I said, he was pretty friendly and is obviously used to having a collar on because he didn't bat an eye when I put it on him - and put him in the back of the squad car. For some reason, and I'm not sure why... maybe my voice???... I was the only one that could get the dog to the car. Galen, a neighbors friend, was there so he was the muscle holding onto the leash but the dog followed me.

The stray was a HUGE chocolate lab and when he made the decision that he wasn't going to move, he wasn't going to move! PERIOD! But, he was pretty calm and followed me to the car and listened to me when I told him to get in so he is/was obviously someone's pet and has had collars and leashes on and has ridden in a car before. I hope they find the owner. I'm guessing its someones farm dog not too far away from town and left the yard or slipped his collar and was just following his nose.

So, that was what took up part of my night besides the girls' baths and supper..... I need a vacation..... LOL!!!!

Tootles!

No comments: