Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today's the Day!!!

Mia comes home today! Man I've missed that little girl!!! I know she had a fun time... And, honestly, we had a fun time alone with Sophie too. Her little personality REALLY had a chance to shine thru. Day care said she was a little jabber jaws yesterday. My response? Because she didn't have to compete with her chatty-Cathy sister for once! LOL!!!

Speaking of Sophie, she's trying SO hard to stand all by herself! Last Sunday was the first time I saw her crawl, stop in the middle of the floor with nothing around to support her, pull her feet under her and attempt to stand tall. For about the past week she's had GREAT fun in propping herself up on us if we're sitting on the floor and then will go to a quick stand and then "fall" back down on us again. She thinks this is pretty funny... and that she's a pretty smart little cookie when she does this too! She likes to take tours thru the house with her little "cart" that she pushes around and walks behind. She hasn't figured out how to steer yet so when she comes to stop, she'll just sit there and keep banging the cart into whatever it was that stopped her like that's going to make it move... honey... that's a wall. You have to go AROUND it... you can't beat your way THRU it. Gotta love her! It'll all come soon enough and THEN we'll REALLY be in trouble!!! This one has the stinker in her eyes FOR SURE!!!

We are headed to Wisconsin this weekend to visit my parents and to go home for my hometown's festival. COW CHIP!!! We won't get to mom and dad's until late Friday night and then Saturday is going to be JAM PACKED with fun stuff to do! Craft show in the morning, followed by a performance by the Cripple Creek Cloggers at the park (my mom is in this dancing group), then the parade at noon, my 15 year (ACK!) class reunion at 3pm until whenever... possibly headed to the beer garden that night for some suds and dancing. Sounds like my bestest high school friend Tina will be coming along and I'm SOOOOOO excited to be spending the day with her! I don't get to see her that often. Should be a lot of great laughs!

Til next time... TOOTLES!!!

No comments: