Thursday, August 13, 2009

ANOTHER week gone???

Honestly, I don't think I know whether I'm coming or going anymore these days!

Had a GREAT day with the girls yesterday. The Nicollet County Fair started yesterday so I thought we'd take a stroll over there just to check everything out. Although we had fun, I was sad for Mia (and Sophie too). None of the animals were there yet. :( Mia was SOOOOO excited to see horses and cows and pigs and sheep and......... but we only saw horses and they were the ones in the horse cart races. I guess the technical term is harness racing??? I don't know... We watched a few races but I could tell the girls were getting bored so we left and came back home. Not a wasted day, just disappointing. I think I'll try to head back over there this weekend sometime so she can see the animals.

I did tell Mia that the next time we went to St Peter, we were going to go play on the AWESOME playground I stumbled upon and then go for ice cream after. She was all for that.

Last night Jeremy had a fireman's meeting so the girls and I headed back outside and I picked up the weeds I had pulled a few days ago and then weeded out my hosta bed. I've got a few more beds to weed out and then I should be good.... for about a week when I have to start all over again. *sigh* Weeding out the wildflower bed is a beast in and of itself. Since this is my first year of it, I'm not exactly sure which are weeds and which are flowers! I was going to pull these HUGE plants awhile ago because I thought they were weeds.... I'm now glad I didn't! They are just starting to bloom and although I have no idea what they are, they are GORGEOUS!!! My dahlia's are still coming up nicely... I can't WAIT until they bloom!!!!

Well, that's about all... kind of a boring week so far but it's been busy none-the-less. I have a hot date with some laundry tonight. FUN TIMES!!!!!

Adios!

No comments: