Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday's are the PITS!!!

I hate Mondays... they come to quick and then when they get here, they are here for what feels like FOR-E-VER!!!!!

Had a great day Saturday weeding in my gardens but then my allergies got the best of me so it was into the house I went for the rest of the night (boo hoo!!!) Picked cabbage, onion, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes and kohlrabi and had THE BEST cucumber and tomato sandwich for lunch on Saturday. YUMMMMMY!!! Just a hint of mayo and ranch dressing..... ugh... BLISS!!! Mia must have really liked the tomatoes too because she ate one whole tomato all by herself plus the couple of slices left over from my sandwich.

On Sunday morning I was feeling much better so I cleaned all of the produce. I made cole slaw out of most of the head of cabbage and the other part I chopped up and threw into the crock pot with a pork roast, a packet of dry onion soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup. SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! I will definitely be doing that again!!! I also made a salted peanut cake. Another YUMMMMMM!!!!!! Then in the afternoon, I just did some laundry and was lazy and watched TV for most of the afternoon. Played with the girls too, of course. Jeremy worked until noon then came home just long enough to eat the frozen pizza I threw in the oven for him and then went to his parents' house to help his dad work on his truck for the rest of the afternoon. Went for a short walk with Mia and Skylar (on their bikes) to the gas station to get milk and some frosting for the cake and that was about it for the weekend! Nothing grandios but busy and great just the same.

Tootles!

1 comment:

Lena said...

Dude, you grow veggies? I had no idea you like gardening!!! HOw very cool!!!
and...you can come weed out my garden any time you want lol :) Mine has been completely redone since you guys were here last!