Thursday, August 20, 2009

Wicked Weather and Rocktar's

We had a little excitement in our neck of the woods last night... some tornadic activity! We didn't get anything at our house but near us there was some rotation in the clouds so we were on the lookout.

I could see that it was very dark out in the west and a little north of us but right over our house it was sunny. There were tornado warnings in other counties but it didn't sound like it was going to be near us so I decided I would brave the muddy garden (it rained a lot earlier in the day yesterday) because I knew there were a few things that had to get out before they became over-ripe. I was halfway thru my inspection of my tomatoe plants when the siren went off. I finished picking my tomatoes and got them into the house but I still wanted to partially clean the kohlrabi before bringing in all the mud and dirt from those so there I am, tornado sirens blaring, hacking away at the probably 10 kohlrabi I had JUST plucked from the garden, just so I didn't bring dirt into the house. What was I thinking??? Jeremy was inside with the girls and watching the "play by play" of the storm on our local TV station down in the basement.

When I finally got that done, I went inside, checked a few things, and picked up the playroom, then Jeremy and I went back outside on our deck and visited with the neighbors while watching the storm roll thru to the west and north of us. Pretty amazing... great lightning show.

Once the storm kind of dissapated and wasn't going to pose as a threat anymore, the "regular programming" came back on which was "America's Got Talent". Since I was busy picking up in the basement, I didn't really pay much attention to what was on and figured it was OK for Mia to watch that for a bit. She likes those shows because they will have dancing in them. Anywho... Daughtry eventually came on and Mia just about climbed right out of her skin.

Mia: "Mommy! Mommy! I want one of those!!!"
Me: "One of what, Mia?"
Mia: "One of those!"
Me: "One of what?!"
Mia "One of those!!! One of those rocktar's!"
Me: "A guitar?"
Mia: "Yeah! A tar! I want a pink one!"
Me: "Why? So you can be Hannah Montana?"
Mia: (said VERY seriously) "Yes."
*break*
Mia: (during the interview with Daughtry when he was done performing) "Mommy! I want that!"
Me: "What?"
Mia: "THAT!!!"
Me: "What?!"
Mia: "THAT!!!!!!!"
Me: "A strap?"
Mia: "YEAH!!! A strap!!! For my rocktar! Then I can sing "Lime in the Coconut"!!!"
*this is where I lost it*

So, in my house, I have a Hannah Montana wanna-be that wants a pink rocktar with a strap who will sing "Lime in the Coconut".

I love my life.

1 comment:

gretchenl said...

Your sum-it-all-up last sentence made me laugh out loud!!!! I can just picture this all unfolding. :)